DIY Menu Planning Board
This post contains affiliate links.
Meal planning. Ugh. Planning our meals for the week was always a challenge for me. Trips to the grocery store never had a list, resulting in a buggy full of “stuff”. The week brought throwing things together last minute and frozen pizzas. I needed a system! I came up with this menu board to help with time, organization and cost!
6) Burlap (or fabric of choice)
7) Velcro Dots
10) Page Protectors
11) Glue gun
1) Remove and discard glass from frame.
2) Paint frame and wooden letters color desired. (I ran sandpaper over my frame after painting to give a rustic look.) Allow to dry.
3) Wrap fabric of choice around cardboard and put frame back together. I chose burlap for this.
4) Hot glue letters to spell out Menu across the top and attach embellishments if desired.
5) Glue a piece of ribbon under the word Menu.
6) Attach letters representing days of the week. (I eyeballed this.)
7) Attach second piece of ribbon as pictured to separate days of the week from meals
8) Attach hook side of Velcro dots across from the days of the week.
Board is complete! 🎉 Now for the meals:
1) Gather 3 ring binder, baseball card holders and page protectors.
2)Write or print meals on blank business cards. Attach loop side of Velcro dots to the back of each card.
3) Store extra cards in baseball card holders in binder.
4) I also printed out recipes to place in the folder with 1 year calendars on the back. When I make a meal, I circle it on the attached calendar so I’m not making the same meal over and over.
That’s it! I attached my board to the side of our refrigerator with magnets. We are now able to sit down as a family and pick out our weekly meals. Grocery lists are easy to make and we don’t waste money on the “stuff”. Anything to make this mama’s life easier!